In a culture where shows like Jersey Shore, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo engross TV viewers everywhere, it's important to acknowledge programming that engages audiences with clever writing and stimulating material. Every so often the networks get it right and support a series that is a breath of fresh air with clearly developed characters, perfectly cast actors, and a luring and often intricate plot. In appreciation of such shows, I have started this commentary.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

American Horror Story: Coven

I have to say…it’s been a long 8 months without American Horror Story. I’ve been reading blogs, scouring through YouTube and other sites for trailers and interviews, and really just yearning for the return of AHS. Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 took a bit of a downward turn only because there was a ton of content, but the storylines weren’t always consistent…and wrapping them up (the ones that were wrapped up) seemed to happen in a flash. The performances is Season 2, however, far surpass the first season. As Coven approaches, I hope that we have the best of both worlds. If we could revert back to one overall theme, but include spellbinding characters (see what I did there?), I would be so grateful. With a witchy premise, a cast that includes Jessica Lange duking it out with Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates…Kathy freakin’ Bates…I think to myself: “How could this go wrong?” I’m sticking to that frame of mind for the time being. Can’t WAIT for this to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment